FOR THE WEEK OF May 17 2021
This week’s birthdays: Ashly Guernaccini (Friday May 21), Anthony Heald (Friday May 21), Lyshia Del Rio (Saturday May 22)
So glad to have Coach Nic back for a while after all the great things she’s accomplished and all the hard work she’s put into school!
90 Air Squats
60 Air Squats
30 Air Squats
Every min (10:00)
– 2×3 reps @ 70%
– 2×2 reps @ 75%
– 2×1 rep @ 80%.
* Rest 60-90 seconds between sets
In The Hole Front Squat 5×3
In The Hole Front Squat:
– 5×3 (Build in weight)
– Perform 5 Tall Box Jump in between front squat sets.
* rest 60-90 seconds between sets *
Every 3:00 or 1:1
12/10 Calorie Assault Bike or 15/12 Cal Row
10 Dumbbell Thrusters (35’s/25s)
8 Burpee Box Jump Overs (20)
Power Clean & Jerk 3-2-1-3-2-1-1-1
Power Clean & Jerk for load:
– 3 reps @ 65%
– 2 reps @ 70%
– 1 rep @ 75%
* rest 2:00 *
– 3 reps @ 70%
– 2 reps @ 75%
– 1 rep @ 80%
* rest 2:00 *
– 1 rep @80+%
* rest 1:00 *
– 1 rep @80+%
Open Gym Or…
16 Alternating Front Rack Step Back Lunges (95/65)
12 Hang Power Cleans (95/65)
Hang Squat Snatch 5×1
Hang Squat Snatch:
– 5×1, Work up in weight (moderate)
* Complete a rep every 1:00 (5:00) *
Clean Pull + Clean + Push Jerk 5×4
Clean Pull + Clean + Push Jerk:
– 1+1+2 x 5 . Work up in weight (moderate/heavy)
* Complete a set every 90 seconds (5 sets) *
Deficit Clean Deadlift 4×3
Deficit Clean Deadlift (4in) for load:
– 4×3 @ 95% 1RM Clean
– complete every 1:00 (4:00) –
200ft Farmer Carry (70s db or kb/50 db or 53 kb)
30 Wall Balls (20/14)
15 Dumbbell Bench
10 Banded Pull-ups
15 Barbell Curls
15 Lying DB Tricep Extension (each side)
8:00 AM Open Gym
9:00 AM Partner Workout
Congratulations to members Elvira and Arben Cane on the birth of their beautiful daughter, Solei!
The Cane family grew by one on Tuesday, May 4th with the birth of Solei! Arben is back in the gym already and Elvira is doing wonderfully! Be sure to congratulate them if you see them!
New Midday Class Times and Open Gym Policy
We’ve combined our previous 3 midday classes into 11:30am and 12:30pm only in an attempt to increase class sizes and create a more fun, energetic training environment. This change is reflected on PushPress when you go to schedule classes as well as on the website.
We’re adding additional open gym opportunities starting this week! Thursdays will stay the same, but now we’ll allow athletes to stay after class and stretch, do accessory work, etc. Here are some basic rules for the new policy:
- We require that you do class first – class is always the best way to increase your fitness and have the most fun!
- Class gets priority on space, equipment, and coaching
- Use the time for accessory work that you’re already familiar with – this isn’t the time to learn a crazy new skill all on your own that you’ve never even been introduced to.
- If you worked out in the last class before the gym closes then there will be no open gym time afterward – you can only stay for open gym if there’s another class after yours.