Top 10 Ways To Return To Rebels
Post “Safer At Home” Orders
As we begin to prepare to return to the Box (YIPPIE!!!!!!!) post COVID shut down, your coaches have created a list of things to consider when returning.
These items are simply to help us keep proper social distancing, and reduce the surface areas that will need to be sanitized.
- Change into your workout clothing at home (or at work) if possible.
- Post workout, if you can, shower at home.
- When nature calls, it calls…but we’d be doing a disservice if we didn’t encourage you poop at home too.
- Be mindful of how much gear you bring in. Gym bags will stay with you at your pods, as opposed to being stored on shelves.
- Stay hydrated, for sure! It’s getting hot out! That being said, all drinks should have a lid.
These items are just a few things to keep in mind about your workouts as you ramp up your training.
- Be mindful of how you’re feeling working out. We might be feeling super competitive now that we are able to workout with friends. Remember, it’s OK to take a break if you need one. Just be mindful as you transition back to higher intensity workouts with heavier loads, and peer pressure to go faster and harder. Let’s hope you won’t need to puke, but if you need to, you’ll most likely end up invading another athlete’s space to get outside. LOL
- When coaches are yelling…we mean…coaching you to squat lower, come to full extension, or to lock out your elbows, remember how much you missed us while working out at home.
- Welcome back to alpha/bravo progressions. When thinking of scaling options for the workouts, be cautious and more conservative with respect to loads and reps. It’s OK to over scale the first few weeks as you ramp your training up.
- You most likely will be sore. That’s expected. Take extra time at home to stretch and mobilize. You won’t have space at the Box to stretch and roll after the workouts, so carve out time at home!
- While in your workout pods, you’ll be limited to where you can go in the Box. If you need something, or you have a question don’t be afraid to call out to a coach! We are here to help you, support you, guide and encourage you. Don’t be shy…we missed you and want to interact with you.