Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Happy Birthday Mete !
Work Out of the Day
10 minute EMOM
We made a programming change for today to pay tribute to Kobe Bryant and his daugther Gigi, and the others killed Sunday in the helicopter crash in California. Kobe was a legend in his sport and the epitome of SPORTSMANSHIP…something we strive to be better as in addition to our CrossFit practice. One of the quotes he’s famous for is:
The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
~Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
“MAMBA & GIGI”
AMRAP 18 MINUTES
5x Ring Muscle Ups
8x Power Cleans 185/125
24x Box Jumps 30/24
“Tri Sprint Intervals”
30/20 Cal Row
20/14 Cal Bike
AMRAP 10M Shuttles
4 Mins Rest Between Rds.
On the 2:30 x 4 Rounds:
40 Double Unders
15 GHD Sit-ups
Max Distance Handstand Walk in Time Remaining
CROSSFIT KIDS IS IN SESSION 4PM, 5PM & 6PM TODAY
PLEASE be aware of their need for the west rig and ask a coach before setting up in that area.
Many thanks from the CrossFit Kids Classes!
NEWS & UPDATES
Welcome to a sport where typically our neighbors who don’t CrossFit:
1) don’t understand what the heck we’re doing,
2) think we’re weird, and
3) feel like we’re IN THEIR WAY all the time.
It’s the nature of the CrossFit-gym-beast.
Parking is a bit of a premium during busy classes so this is aimed at directing you on how and where to park without ruffling the neighbors’ delicate feathers and preventing your car from being towed😬!
DO NOT PART ACROSS THE STREET! YOU WILL BE TOWED! Mega Seating has already made good on that threat, please don’t tempt them.
Please do not park in front of THE NEW (NORTH MOST) BAY DOOR in the west-adjacent building in our parking lot. The new tenent is building out…a brewery! Can’t wait right? We try to put cones out to prevent parking there. If our lot is full please park in the street, to the west, and not at any of the neighboring businesses lots. Our neighbors are fairly tolerant of our activities on Sunnydale and beyond. Yes, occasionally our athletes have WOD-brain and run in the middle of the street. Occasionally we swing wide out of the parking lot and forget to see if there are cars coming. Yes, we’re not perfect. Some of our neighbors have taken more aggressive stands to prevent us from parking where we don’t belong. There are three “don’t do’s”
- Don’t park in the spots across (north side of) the street where Mega Seating is now in business. They have a towing contract and threatened to use it.
- Don’t park in the spots in front of any other building– adjacent/west-most building – so facing south, directly across from Mega Seating. West facing parking against that building is OK.
- NEW: Our landlord is working to get us more parking! He has commissioned the back “junk lot” to be turned into a graveled parking lot! You can park back there – and in the back of the building. Just be careful not to block our running path!