Tuesday, October 1st, 2019
Work Out of the Day
NOTICE: Today’s 1:00 pm class time is canceled. The 11:00 am and 12:00 am are still a go, and the evening is normal. Please make a note of it!
“Pineapple Express”Part #A (On the 0:00):
For Time(12 Minute Cap):
50 Str HSPU (5”riser)
Part #B (On the 15:00):
For Time(12 Minute Cap):
35 GHD Sit-ups
25 GHD Sit-ups
15 GHD Sit-ups
Part #C (On the 35:00):
3 Rounds For Time:
400 Meter Run
21 Lateral Bar Burpees
CROSSFIT KIDS IS IN SESSION 4PM, 5PM & 6PM TODAY
PLEASE be aware of their need for the west rig and ask a coach before setting up in that area.
Many thanks from the CrossFit Kids Classes!
NEWS & UPDATES
WARMING UP, CLEANING UP AND BOX ETIQUETTE/COURTESY
We’ll admit that it’s starting to become painful watching some of you warm up…and we mean that with the greatest of respect and the most love!
Some helpful hints for those of you who arrive 15 mins prior to class to “warm up”:
- 15 min prior but no earlier right?…and if earlier, you hit the street for a solid mile run warmup… probably THE best overall circulatory and muscle warm up to start your class with….but we’re just sayin’…better than rowing or biking? Yes. It’s the most primal and total body warm up you can do
- you should include and begin with a general cardiovascular effort of 2 -5 mins. Running is preferred as it’s total body and it’s never going to be in the way of your fellow
classmates who are training at the time
- stay off the rollers and bands (unless it’s Thursday and that’s what your day consists of); start moving! Move first …warm those muscles and tendons up FIRST…geesh guys…we take for granted that you guys understand that body and understand that trying to stretch a cold muscle or tendon is similar to a cold rubber band…a warm one will stretch better and be more supple. Small circuits of movements that are compound and that warm up the movement or the muscles you’re about to use are the best. Here are two that seem simple, but they’re likely better than what you are currently doing: CROSSFIT WARM UP and TRAIN HEROIC’S “HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR CROSSFIT WARM UP” and CATALYST SQUAT HELP
- your warm-up should take no more than 15 minutes…we know everyone thinks they are a “unique snowflake”…but you’re not! 😂. Our Legends Athletes (70 y/o +) warm up with compound movements and circuits…and they actually squat and have an overhead range of motion as good as ours!
- if you have areas that need extra help, like hips, shoulders, ankles…do your structured warm up first AND THEN attack the problem areas...after they have improved circulation and blood flow, Things you might be used doing (habitually) might not be the best for your warm-up each day. Bicep curls are great…if you’re doing rope climbs…but so are chin-ups and ….rope climbs! Foam rolling might feel good….but if that’s solely what you’re doing, your squat is not going to be deeper or improved – rather, Samson stretch or spiderman lunge, goblet squats, sitting in the bottom of a squat with a barbell on your back….guys: warm up the movement!
There’s a reason Yoga takes you through a series of poses over and over again and moves from one to the next in succession…it causes continuous movement…it increases blood flow to the muscles and movement makes muscle and tendons more pliable – able to move with more fluidity.
If you remain stiff, and continue to take forever to warm up…and never feel warmed up…maybe you need to change things because “more of the same often yields more of the same”.