CROSSFIT KIDS IS IN SESSION 4PM, 5PM & 6PM TODAY
PLEASE be aware of their need for the west rig and ask a coach before setting up in that area.
Many thanks from the CrossFit Kids Classes!
NEWS & UPDATES
OPEN GYM TIMES AND STRUCTURE ON THURSDAY (& Saturday)
Friendly reminder about Open Gym:
Thursdays Open Gym times are class times. If you want to train, you’ll show up at the top of the hour for the class you’re scheduled into. It’s not a free for all, meaning you can’t just show up at half past and do your thing. We are a class-based box and each hour still has to remain organized so the coaches can manage what all is going on during each class. The explanation for the posted WOD will occur at the top of the hour. Showing up at H:30 for an H:00 WOD will get you nothing – no explanation and probably no help as we should ask you to wait till the top of the hour for the next class. Please respect the class times regardless of the day.
Additionally, due to the fact that we have classes, and we’re not an all day 24/7 Globo Gym, your classes are still about an hour. The same rules apply for the 6am class that apply to the 9am class (fair is fair). We close at 10am so the 9am class has an hour. If you train at 6, 7, or 8am you have the same options as the 9am.
Finally, “Open Gym”, when we added this option, is meant to be used for Strength or Skill. Not metcons. We run you guys pretty hard on M,T,W, and F. Thursdays are mean to break from the high intensity metcon to work strength, skills, and deficiencies. If you feel you’re “deficient in metcon”, show up more on M,T, W, and F!
Thanks in advance for your cooperation. All coaches have the authority to enforce these rules.
(SMART: SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ATTAINABLE, RELEVANT AND TIMELY. SMART goals. As you set your training goals, make sure you use the SMART priniciples to setting actions plans to achieving them)
CrossFit is hard. It’s also strategic, though it may seem “constantly varied”. It’s supposed to be:
- hard and fast,
- sometimes light,
- of a high level of skill that needs to be practiced and drilled often,
- grounded in basic fundamental skills that are simpler to learn,
- long and sustained,
- taxing to multiple body parts with compound movements in one WOD,
- taxing to the same body part with multiple movements in one WOD,
- need the ability to tolerate high volume training without always “competing” at high volume training
…in a nutshell, sometimes you have to be smart about your WODs and know, for you, if you should go heavier in a WOD with maybe a slower time, or go faster in a WOD with a lighter load. Why? If your metcon ability is good but your strength is not, going heavier might help you depending on what the rest of the week looks like. If your strength is good but your cardio is not, then going lighter and faster might help you.
Your coaches work with you every day and know your body, know your abilities and your strength and weaknesses and very likely “what” you should do. Keep that in mind the next time you hit a WOD and your body is feeling run down. Think about that as you think about your training and all the facets: strength, cardio, SKILL (both on the barbell with your Olys and your gymnastics skills)…time to dial it in and think about your fitness as a “whole package” versus just beating the shit out of yourself every day. That’s not what CF is…and that’s not what our programming is all about.
Talk to us and let us help you. The weekly programming is released in advance to help you plan your week. Use it!
The newly enhanced BTWB app is the longest running statistics tracker in the sport of CrossFit.
- Rebels WODs will be pre-loaded (No more writing down your workouts, only
submitting your score!).
- Get tomorrow’s WOD the night before!
- No more figuring out a ton of percentages. Weightlifting and gymnastic percentages will be automated based off prior input.
- See where you ranked in the WOD against all the Rebels who submit throughout the day.
- Tracking of benchmarks and lifts will be recorded and easily sorted.
- Track not only your fitness but also your sleep and mobility.
- Analyze your weaknesses.
- See where you rank in popular workouts (Cindy, Fran, etc…).
- You’re special: this is only offered to current athletes of CF Rebels.