Friday, May 22, 2020
Happy Birthday Lyshia!
Workout of the Day
NEWS & UPDATES
THIS WEEK ONLY: NO SATURDAY YOGA ON ZOOM
RECAP ON WEEK 1
Today we all will have survived one week of this “stuff”.
We’re happy to say the response to the extra effort has been good. We are definitely overdoing it and hopefully, soon we’ll relax some of the excessive cleaning and possibly shrink the excessive distancing…but for now this is us!
We don’t often have a class that jams up where we have to turn people away because you all have done such a fantastic job letting us know when you cant train but are on the schedule, so thank you!
Things that will continue:
These items are simply to help us keep proper social distancing, and reduce the surface areas that will need to be sanitized.
- Continue to wipe down your equipment and station before and after you train.
- Change into your workout clothing at home (or at work) if possible.
- Post workout, if you can, shower at home.
- When nature calls, it calls…but we’d be doing a disservice if we didn’t encourage you poop at home too.
- Be mindful of how much gear you bring in. Gym bags will stay with you at your pods, as opposed to being stored on shelves.
- Stay hydrated, for sure! It’s getting hot out! That being said, all drinks should have a lid.
- They will begin creeping up in volume. Continue to listen to your body – it’s only been a week.
- You’ll continue to see the barbell and pull up bar work…need to get your hands re-conditioned!
- You may see a dumbbell in the next few weeks…don’t be upset! It’s the dumbbells that made some of your squats look so good!
THIS SATURDAY AND NEXT WEEK
This Saturday we’ll rather rapidly re-implement our Open Gym times. They’ll come with a bit of a twist: Open Gym as long as you stay within your 150 square foot station! We’ve been texting this out. We can’t offer 8 and 9 am as we used to due to COVID limited space, but that will come back soon. As of right now the 9am is full. If we need to open a 7am we will. Being a holiday weekend we’re trying to get the coaches out of here by 10 am.
Next Thursday will be the same as far as re-implementing Open Gym as an option for Thursday. There will still be a WOD posted.
Monday is Memorial Day and we are running Murph in very creative and ingenious heats every 30 minutes from 6am to 9am. These are our usual hours just a different structure. Here’s how it will roll:
- If you want to time it, please bring a watch or we can give you a stopwatch. We won’t be running a clock due to the numerous heats.
- If you plan on wearing a vest, remember this: Vests are great if you can complete Murph as RX in under 60:00. While the cap will be soft this year, if you have never completed Murph in under 60:00 without a vest, that’s your goal. For safety and simply scientific progressions….that’s the deal.
- There will be scaling posted on the mobile whiteboard at the front of the box. Our concern is pull-ups. Many of us who didn’t have access to a pull-up bar have no business doing 100 pull-ups at a high intensity a week after we return. Our goal is to prevent Rhabdo and injury.
- This is how it will work: based on the schedule of 17 athletes per heat (there are 17 socially distanced pull-up spaces). When the first heat arrives they’ll be assigned a station (as our usual). We’ll 3-2-1 Go from the front lawn on the mile (or scaled mile). You’ll run, then run into your station for pull ups or ring rows. After completion of pull ups you’ll use the coaches or common lanes to exit to the back parking lot or pavement behind the box for pushups and squats. Then the 2nd mile run will commence from the back of the box with a special cone to cut the extra 100m you ran off the back side of the run – we’ll explain that on game day!
- You’re more than welcome to hand out in the front or back after your WOD with your friends and celebratory beer (maybe the brewery will be open!) or champagne after!