Wednesday, December 18th, 2019
TOMORROW IS COACH PAUL’S BIRTHDAY. Since he’s only coaching a short shift in the AM, we’re decking out the box and bringing out the sugar tomorrow! First come first serve for the Cupcake pull aparts that were supposed to look “military” but ended up more like Shrek….what the hell…HAPPY BIRTHDAY (EARLY) PAULIE!
Work Out of the Day
7 x Single Arm DB Bench Press (Each Side)
200′ Sngl Arm OH Carry (Change Every 50′)
4 Sets of 6
Rest 2 Minutes Between Sets.
Take from the rack.
This is the first of a progression. Start at 90- 100% of our recently completed 10RM Push Press.
60 Double Unders 30/21 Cal Bike
10 THR (155/105/85)
4 Giant Sets:
16 Weighted Sit-ups
12 Romanian Deadlifts
8 Pausing Barbell Rows
Rest 2 Minutes Between Sets.
NEWS & UPDATES
PERSONAL / PRIVATE TRAINING AT CROSSFIT REBELS
We have always had a different mindset here at Rebels…at least in our opinion, different from other CrossFit boxes – and it has nothing to do with our thinking we’re “better”, but rather, believing in education, experience and offering a complete “package” for health and fitness. CrossFit IS THE BOMB! If we didn’t believe in it we all wouldn’t still be committed to it. The combination of fast strength and power from the Olympic Lifts with slow, raw strength from the power lifts, and the mobility, flexibility and strength of gymnastics coupled with the sheer nastiness of bikes, rowers, ropes and sprinting…CrossFit training is the answer to the health crisis in our world! We truly believe that! From young to old.
But sometimes, LIFE gets in the way:
- diet is hard to control in our fast- and convenient-food lives
- sleep is underrated as we try to pack in too much “stuff” every day
- time and life stress happen: training can be sporadic or seen as an afterthought
- finding a community or friends to support being “healthy” is also fleeting
- injuries happen…just the other day the Warped Wall on a well known obstacle course claimed another victim, also one of our athletes!
- imbalances in our training can cause frustration;
- being well over ideal body weight can make gymnastics and running/jumping harder
- simply being dominant in the lower body can make upper body movements harder (and vice versa)
- fear can create imbalance – as in “the fear of being inverted” can make learning handstand movements more difficult
- fear of working complicated movements in a crowd can prevent some athletes from using Open Gym time to work weaknesses
Sometimes a little extra training in any one of the above areas can make all the difference in your overall progress. And sometimes, we just want a specific plan or more one-on-one training to help us out of a rut. And then there’s the desire to compete and sometimes having a trainer work with your through the mental side of things.
So what’s the different mindset? Education and experience. All of our coaches who provide personal training services are also NCAA certified personal trainers. Now, we know CrossFit’s position on personal training, but our experience has been, having trainers who are educated full-on in anatomy, physiology and kinesiology allows us to work through the common issues we all hear about CrossFit. We are able to work through tweaks and postural issues that affect your training, and not only prevent but help rehabilitate injures. Only coaches who have their personal training certification AND have had solid hands-on experience offer personal training and nutrition coaching at Rebels. Outcomes are important to us and we believe in an individual approach to everything: training, diet and advising in general!
If you ever feel stuck in your training, talk to one of us about Personal Training. We’re not big “sellers”. Our goals are progress. Sometimes this can help! While some of the trainers list “limited availability”, that’s for full/frequent packages. We will always make time help!
Coach Nicole is also available for Personal Training but was MIA during this photo shoot.