Monday, May 25th 2020
Happy Memorial Day!!!!
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a 20/14 pound vest or body armor, wear it.
REBEL EQUIPMENT/NO EQUIPMENT
NEWS & UPDATES
RECAP ON WEEK 1
Today we all will have survived one week of this “stuff”.
We’re happy to say the response to the extra effort has been good. We are definitely overdoing it and hopefully, soon we’ll relax some of the excessive cleaning and possibly shrink the excessive distancing…but for now this is us!
We don’t often have a class that jams up where we have to turn people away because you all have done such a fantastic job letting us know when you cant train but are on the schedule, so thank you!
Things that will continue:
These items are simply to help us keep proper social distancing, and reduce the surface areas that will need to be sanitized.
- Continue to wipe down your equipment and station before and after you train.
- Change into your workout clothing at home (or at work) if possible.
- Post workout, if you can, shower at home.
- When nature calls, it calls…but we’d be doing a disservice if we didn’t encourage you poop at home too.
- Be mindful of how much gear you bring in. Gym bags will stay with you at your pods, as opposed to being stored on shelves.
- Stay hydrated, for sure! It’s getting hot out! That being said, all drinks should have a lid.
- They will begin creeping up in volume. Continue to listen to your body – it’s only been a week.
- You’ll continue to see the barbell and pull up bar work…need to get your hands re-conditioned!
- You may see a dumbbell in the next few weeks…don’t be upset! It’s the dumbbells that made some of your squats look so good!