Friday, November 19th, 2019
Work Out of the Day
3 Sets For Quality:
10 Cossack Squats
10 Waiter Squats
*5 Reps Each Side
Tempo Front Squat (Week 1 of 2)
On the Minute x 9:
1 Tempo Front Squat
5 Seconds Down
2 Second Pause
Sets 1-3: 60%
Sets 4-6: 64%
Sets 7-9: 68%
1 Min WB (20/14)
1 Min Alt DB Sn (50/35)
1 Min Box Jumps (24/20)
1 Min Single Arm DB HC&J (50/35)
1 Min Cal Row
1 Min Rest
3 Sets For Quality:
:20 Second L-Sit
:30 Second Wall-Facing Handstand Hold
:40 Double Kettlebell Static Squat
Rest as Needed Between Sets
For your review! A fun set of “rules” to help you make the most of your CrossFitting experience.
- LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR
..or we’ll check it for you. Never forget, somewhere a high school kid is warming up with your PR.
- SET GOALS FOR YOURSELF
Never say “I can’t.” You won’t get pity here.
- GET ON THE DAILY SCHEDULE!
- ARRIVE ON TIME
If you’re late, your workout with be shortened, not your warm up. If you don’t have time to warm up, you don’t have time to workout
- WARM UPS ARE POSTED FOR A REASON, DO THEM!
- SET UP YOUR OWN STATIONS AND UNLOAD YOUR BARS WHEN YOU’RE DONE.
We are “coaches” and though many of us are personal trainers, we don’t unload/load your bars.
- HAVE STANDARDS
Chest to ground, chin over bar, full extension, drop below parallel. Get familiar with these cues and know what they mean.
- TECHNIQUE, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY.
First comes form then comes weight. Don’t argue with your coaches when they suggest you scale the load.
- USE CHALK OVER BUCKET
Don’t break pieces of chalk or take chalk blocks out of the bucket. Go to the bucket to rechalk.
- COUNT YOUR REPS ACCURATELY AND HONESTLY.
No one cares what your score is but everyone cares if you cheat. You really think we don’t know? Don’t make us question your integrity.
- DOCUMENT YOUR SCORES AND PROGRESS.
Write your d@!* times and loads in your WOD Journal! If you aren’t tracking these, how do you expect us to help you know where to go and what to do?
- CLEAN UP YOUR DNA.
EX: Blood, sweat, vomit, etc.
- DON’T MAKE US ASK YOU FOR MONEY.
Dues are due on the first of the month.
- LET THE COACHES COACH.
While support is great, giving technical advice and coaching is not. We have experienced coaches who know it’s their job to inform, instruct and coach technique. Even if you have your Level 1, our coaches are constantly briefed on our athletes, and our policy is that we intend our athletes to be coached by Rebels Coaches.
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
We are more than a gym. We are a community. If you see a CrossFitter you haven’t met yet, introduce yourself, as they may need to revive your unconscious body later!
- IF YOU DON’T KNOW, ASK! If there is something you are unsure about, please ask. We would much rather you ask so we can address any issues and not risk any injury!
- LAUGH! Come on! We all look funny doing this stuff… especially you!
- WE DON’T PIMP OUT COACH MOUTH (ED) AS A PT. We have a triage system if you tweak or hurt something. Please don’t “grab” him on the fly. Our system is in place so athletes use the right resources at the right time. Ask a head coach, we’ll advise and if a solution cannot be found we’ll ask Ed for a consult. So, ask a Head Coach if you have a “tweaked” question.
- THE WOD IS THE WOD. We will sub out movements if you have a tweak or aggravated body part, but we don’t do yesterday’s WOD because you missed it, and we don’t make up other WODs because you don’t like today’s WOD. Welcome to CrossFit: making you prepared for the unknown and the unknowable.
- LOGISTICS: Be aware of athletes in the middle of their WOD when you are a) coming in the gym for you WOD at the top of the hour and b) if you finish early and decide to clean up before others are finished. This includes the active CF Kids Classes as they rotate through the gym for training outside, water and bathrooms. If you see an accident about to happen, help prevent it.