Monday, January 6th, 2020
Work Out of the Day
Full volume resumes this Friday, January 10th.
Tempo Back Squat
1 Tempo Back Squat
2 Back Squats
* 5 Seconds Down
* 1 Second Pause
* Regular Stand
Rest as needed btw sets.
Set 1: 60%
Set 2: 65%
Sets 3-5: 70%
“Fight or Flight”
20 Wallballs (20/14/10)
20 Hang PSn (95/65/45)
20 Box Jumps* (24/20)
20 FS (95/65/45)
20/15 Cal Row
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
OPEN GYM OR…
Rest 2-3 Mins between
“Weekend At Bernie’s”
*Every time you break, run 100m
CROSSFIT KIDS IS IN SESSION 4PM, 5PM & 6PM TODAY
PLEASE be aware of their need for the west rig and ask a coach before setting up in that area.
Many thanks from the CrossFit Kids Classes!
NEWS & UPDATES
Every year we pit the women of Rebels against the men of Rebels in a day-long event. We WOD, play CrossFit Jeopardy, sometimes (this year!) scavenger hunt, hit up a few drinking games and other stupid games, smash a pinata, eat, drink (again) and by the end of the day, in true competition style, we crown the fittest and crafiest “gender” in the box.
Sign up is left of the scoreboard at the box. $25.00 will cover your shirt and food – which we’ll provide. BYOB and chairs/coolers. We’ll assign captains and have more details added here soon. Just save the date: Saturday, February 15th! Plan to spend the day!
Welcome to a sport where typically our neighbors who don’t CrossFit:
1) don’t understand what the heck we’re doing,
2) think we’re weird, and
3) feel like we’re IN THEIR WAY all the time.
It’s the nature of the CrossFit-gym-beast.
Parking is a bit of a premium during busy classes so this is aimed at directing you on how and where to park without ruffling the neighbors’ delicate feathers and preventing your car from being towed😬!
DO NOT PART ACROSS THE STREET! YOU WILL BE TOWED! Mega Seating has already made good on that threat, please don’t tempt them.
Please do not park in front of THE NEW (NORTH MOST) BAY DOOR in the west-adjacent building in our parking lot. The new tenent is building out…a brewery! Can’t wait right? We try to put cones out to prevent parking there. If our lot is full please park in the street, to the west, and not at any of the neighboring businesses lots. Our neighbors are fairly tolerant of our activities on Sunnydale and beyond. Yes, occasionally our athletes have WOD-brain and run in the middle of the street. Occasionally we swing wide out of the parking lot and forget to see if there are cars coming. Yes, we’re not perfect. Some of our neighbors have taken more aggressive stands to prevent us from parking where we don’t belong. There are three “don’t do’s”
- Don’t park in the spots across (north side of) the street where Mega Seating is now in business. They have a towing contract and threatened to use it.
- Don’t park in the spots in front of any other building– adjacent/west-most building – so facing south, directly across from Mega Seating. West facing parking against that building is OK.
- NEW: Our landlord is working to get us more parking! He has commissioned the back “junk lot” to be turned into a graveled parking lot! You can park back there – and in the back of the building. Just be careful not to block our running path!