Monday, November 25th, 2019
Work Out of the Day
**NOTE: This is a different WOD than Friday! You wil have THREE attempts at a 1RM of the BS, PR and DL, in that order, AFTER a solid warm up. You will commit to a start and be spotted by a coach. This is a “competition” per se. Treat it as such. Think. Push hard. Have a plan.
BS 1 -1 – 1
PR 1 – 1 – 1
DL 1 – 1 – 1
*Perform a single max effort for the lifts listed above.
*After warm-ups, 3 attempts are allowed.
*Total must be done in the specified order.
This is the same bit of knowledge we always post for the CFT – so some of you may have seen this before:
- Knowing that you only have 3 (yes three!) attempts per movement, choose your loads wisely. This is NOT 15 minutes to work up to a 1RM. Treat it like a competition. You get three attempts.
- You might want to open with a previous PR or the heaviest weight that you KNOW you can lift in your first set. This is a security measure in case your next 2 don’t happen. For the second and third attempts, go for it.
- Be on time. Warm up starts at top of the hour and you’re on the racks at H:10. This is a day that if you need some extra time to warm up, get here! If you are late, you’ll warm up with the posted warm up and then warm up outside a rack…depending on the time, you may have to wait and start with Press. We don’t delay a rack so you can catch up and you need a rack for this WOD.
- And remember, there is a set up for each lift, and it’s a static set up with constant tension, especially on the DL. This isn’t a place to be bouncing around and break-dancing on the bar right before you start! Your back should be set (shoulder blades depressed and retracted), your core tight, your chest up and full of air, weight in your heels, get tension & push through your heels while pull the chest up!
- We will at least double up on racks, if not triple up, based on ability.
- Those new to CF Total will be set up with a specific coach or coaches to help coach you through either a strength set or 1RM. This will be coaches call based on the consistency and proficiency you’ve shown w/ the lifts as well as how long you’ve been lifting.
- This is an important WOD to have you in a position where you can be coached. Small classes will stay on one set of racks. Larger classes will split out newbies who this may be their first CFT and group you together on one set of racks so that you can more attention from the coaches.
6 Single KB Lat. Box Step-ups (Each Side)
:20 Sec Hollow Hold
200′ Single KB Farmers Carry (change at 100′)
On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
3 Power Cleans
3 Front Squats
3 Push Jerks
3 Rds of “Macho Man”
15 Toes to Bar
1 Rd of “Macho Man”:
3 Power Cleans
3 Front Squats
3 Push Jerks (135/95)
3 Giant Sets:
10 DB Bench Press
25 Banded Pull-Aparts
10 DB Stiff Legged DL
25 AbMat Sit-ups
Rest 2 Minutes Between Sets.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
*Quality reps only
*4/3 inch def= blue/yellow plates
-20 min. cap-
WEDNESDAY- WE ARE ONLY OPEN UNTIL 10AM TODAY. CLASSES 6,7,8 & 9AM WILL RUN AS NORMAL.
5 sets of 1 rep-
10 sec pausing OHS:
set 1 @ 50%
set 2 @ 55%
set 3 @ 60%
set 4+5: build to heavy
We are closed today, giving thanks & spending the day with our families and friends.
Good luck to all participating in the Turkey Trot today! Gotta earn that turkey 😉
*If you don’t know your 3rm but know your 1rm, use 51% of your 1rm