NEWS & UPDATES
Phase 2: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery
Effective Friday, June 5th, we are officially in Phase 2 of COVID Recovery. The Executive Order is vague with guidelines but states this:
- Gyms can operate at full capacity
- We must still maintain social distancing and sanitation procedures as in prior phases.*Our procedures were excessive, so changes will be noted below.
- Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition are strongly encouraged to avoid crowds and take measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19. For this reason, we will continue the procedures we have in place for the Legends Program.
Friday we will begin breaking down the stations, caution tape, and taped off sections.
THE FOLLOWING WILL CONTINUE
- Ask YOU to respect what is considered social distancing. We know many of you aren’t concerned, but there are those who remain concerned and will need that mutual respect, especially with pull up bars and sharing racks.
- We will leave up a few of the roped-off stations for those who would like to maintain “more” physical distancing and safety.
- Please check with the person set up on a neighboring pull-up bar if they are OK with the distancing.
- Please continue to spray down your equipment after you use it/train – including the floor if you leave sweat/DNA behind. We will leave the two mops and buckets out and refresh the water frequently. You will still have the option to wipe down everything you plan on using before you train. We will continue to have areas for fresh rags and dirty rags.
- We believe washing your hands after you train is still a good idea!
- When sharing a rack for lifting (welcome back heavy Deadlifts!), please continue to wipe off the bar between changes in athletes (sharing a bar).
- We will return to the schedule book.
- “Pens” are a concern. We’ll have a new pen/used pen area…put used pens in the “used” pen area and we will spray with disinfectant and recycle.
- We have most of next week’s schedule (June 8th) done…but will ask you to check the book now for changes.
- We will also ask you to continue to let us know if you cannot make a class time you are signed up for and text in to sign up if you are not on. The ONLY thing that got easier with COVID is that we had a very good handle on the number of athletes we expected each class. This needs to continue for us to be efficient.
- ENTER – continue to enter through the front door and if you can, exit through the back overhead door
- HEADS UP HERE!! The one thing the COVID structure did for us as coaches (and with our business operations) was we NEVER felt out of control of hectic. Why? Because we brought you in as a group, and you left as a group. We are warning you here…if you come early for class, you CANNOT be on the gym floor, in the way of athletes training or we will completely kibosh (cancel) the ability to arrive up to 15 mins before your class. No warning other than this, no apologies if we ask you to move. The Crossover Symmetry stations have been taken down and will need. rig/rack to be used. You may not be in the way of working athletes to do this. All of the coaches have Ed’s, Sam’s, and Paul’s permission to ask you to move if you are in the way and to warn you if you are in too early (15 mins prior to class MAX). This isn’t a 24/7 open gym and we close at 10am ,2pm and 3pm and 8pm. We have to give all classes the same privilege.
- Saturdays will return to 8am Open Gym and 9am Team WOD. The Team WOD is a concern so there will be an individual version, and we ask that you ask your teammates if they are comfortable with “teaming” before assuming. Individual WODs will work the way we will program them for the next month.
- We will hold off on Bring a Friends WODs until after July 4th.
- The Premium Open Gym will return during the hours of 10am, 2pm and 3pm (this is a paid option to train during closed hours when no coach is on site -inquire with a Head Coach if interested).
- Hero Sundays have been canceled until further notice.