DAYWALKER’S (aka LEIGH’S) PALEO CAKES
*Adapted from Paleo Spirit Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 eggs, beater with mixer
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 apple, chopped
- Preheat pan or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Beat eggs in a stand mixer until frothy. Mix in milk, vanilla, and coconut nectar.
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt) in a separate small bowl.
- Combine dry mixture with wet in the stand mixer and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl then mix on medium to medium-high for another minute or two or until the coconut flour is completely mixed into the batter
- Fold in chopped apple.
- Grease pan with coconut oil. Pour batter to create pancakes that are about 3 inches in diameter. If the batter seems too thin you may need to add a small amout of coconut flour to achieve the desired consistency.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Sweet Pancake topping:
- strawberries, blueberries, honey and vanilla!
LOU’S CHOCOLATE PANCAKES WITH COCONUT MILK WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whold egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp cocnut flour
- 2 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Preheat a griddle over medium-low heat with some coconut oil.
- In a blender, add liquid ingredients. Blend on low speed until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients and blend until just mixed.
- Spoon the better onto the skillet.
- Using the bottom of the spoon, spread it out a little bit so the batter remains thin.
- Flip once you see bubbles popping though the top
- Serve with Coconut Whipped Cream
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1-4 Tbsp coconut flour
- Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Drain off clear liquid.
- Beat in chilled bowl with hand mixer until fluffy.
- add vanilla and gradually add in agave nectar and coconut flour.
- Viola! Paleo Whipped Cream!
JOE B’S BANANA / CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
- 2 bananas
- 5 Tbsp of almond flour
- 2 tsp of honey
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 cup of chops (I recommend Enjoy Life non-dairy mini-chips)
- 1 tsp of clarified butter
- Mix all ingredients in a blender except the butter and chips
- Heat a pan to medium/ low heat
- Add butter to pan
- Dollop pancake batter by the spoonful into skillet
- While the pancakes are cooking, add some chips to the uncooked side before flipping
- Flip pancakes when the sides get a little brown
- Serve with Maple syrup.
BACONCAKES by Poop
- 6-12 pieces of uncured bacon
- 3 cups raw almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Cook bacon until done to your liking.
- Turn grill down to low/medium heat
- In a blender, blend eggs, vanilla, banana and coconut milk . Blend until smooth.
- One by one, add in the dry ingredients. If batter becomes to too thick, add a Tbsp or 2 of water. Consistency sholudn’t be runny – it should pour out like cake batter).
- Add coconut oil to pan.
- Pour batter into 6 inch pancakes and add cooked bacon to the middle.
- When pancakes form tiny bubbles and begin to pop- flip and cook the other side.
- Eat with100% pure maple syrup and enjoy!
GIGI’S (aka Trish’s) PALEO PANCAKES
- 3 EGGS
- ½ C. COCONUT MILK
- ½ C. SPARKLING WATER
- 2 TSP. VANILLA
- 1 T HONEY
- ½ TSP. BAKING SODA
- ½ TSP. SALT
- BEAT EGGS WELL AND THEN SLOWLY ADD THE OTHER INGREDIENTS. WHEN EVERYTHING IS BLENDED,
- ADD 1 C. OF FRESH BLUBERRIES.
- DROP ONTO A HOT GRIDDLE COATED WITH COCONUT OIL.
- MAKE THEM SMALL AS THE BATTER IS DIFFICULT TO HANDLE WHEN THE PANCAKES ARE BIGGER. COOK THE PANCAKES UNTIL LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN ON BOTH SIDES.
- REMOVE AND SERVE WITH BLUBERRY SYRUP MADE WITH FROZEN BLUBERRIES COOKED DOWN IN ABOUT ¼ C. OF COCONUT OIL.
- SPRINKLE WITH UNSWEETENED COCONUT AND WALNUTS IF PREFERRED.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shrdded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 whold eggs
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp aking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- Add diced bananas to taste
- Mix all together
- Spoon onto medium heat griddle and cook, flipping once, until both sides are cooked through
- Top with agave and bananas!