This is the recipe that some of us went GAGA over – it was baked for Hollywood for her Bday by an amazing cook in her office, Maria!
BANANA PALEO CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1/2 cup of oil (coconut preferrably) or unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey (not recommended – rather – use really really really ripe bananas!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 bananas mashed
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix oil (honey if using) and eggs in a large bowl until light an d fluffy.
- Add almond meal, cocoa powder and bananas
- Mix well.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper and pour in banana mixture
- Bake for somewhere between 25 and 45 minutes, or until the toothpick test comes out clean!
- Store the cake in the refrigerator. Good served with fruite and/or a little almond butter, or with Frosting recipe below!
- 1 cup dark chocolate (73%)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or better yet, coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil/butter
- Stir in honey, vanilla and salt
- Place frostin gin freezer for 15 minutes to chill and thicken
- Remove from freezer and whip frosting with a hand blender until it’s thick and fluffy
- Frost over cake, cookies or cupcakes!